Posted on June 26, 2017
The Community Foundation of Collier County (Naples, FL) is hiring a Vice President (VP) of Development. Collier County is located in Southwest Florida and has a population of 360,000 full-time residents and 60,000 seasonal residents. Collier County is one of the wealthiest counties in Florida.
This is a new position for the Community Foundation. The VP of Development will be responsible for developing all aspects of a comprehensive and on-going development program with an emphasis on major gifts and fund development. The VP of Development is part of the Foundation’s Management Team and will work in close collaboration with colleagues on achieving the Foundation’s mission.
President & CEO
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing strategies to identify, cultivate, and secure new donors as well as securing gifts from existing donors.
- Leading, developing and implementing a fundraising/development plan to accomplish the strategic fundraising goals of the Foundation.
- Advancing a planned giving program.
- Leading community philanthropic partnerships (professional advisors), major gifts, donor servicing, donor engagement, annual support and marketing functions at the Foundation.
- Developing strategies to involve current donors in the Foundation’s programs and donor-leveraged grant making.
- Developing and delivering donor relations and engagement programs including donor education events.
- Maintain a portfolio of high net worth individuals and secure major gifts, endowments, and planned gifts, as well as advanced annual gifts for Foundation initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8 years of experience working in Development
- Community Foundation knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, detail and results oriented
- Proficient in the use of office technology and information systems (including Word,
- Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably FIMS
- Ability to plan, conduct, and document meetings.
- Ability to work outside standard hours as needed, including evenings and weekends during Season which is January-April
- Successful history managing high-volume annual appeals and cultivation events.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to successfully identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with donors and partners.
Competitive compensation, as well as a generous benefits package.
Community Foundation of Collier County is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and three professional references to: Eileen Connolly-Keesler at email@example.com or to her attention at CFCC 1110 Pine Ridge Rd Suite 200, Naples FL 34108.
Resumes by August 1, 2017
No phone calls please.
Community Foundation of Collier County